BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mr. Doob's Drawing Tool

A while ago, a friend of mine told me about a program on the internet in which you can make really interesting digital drawings with unusual effects. At first, I didn't understand what was so special about it until I decided to try it. Now I completely understand what all the hype about it was. And I think you will too.

Mr. Doob's Harmony-

'Mr. Doob' is a man by the name of Richard Cabello, and as far as I am concerned, he is a genius. I can't even fathom how he could create this program, which is probably why I'm an artist and not a computer genius. This program allows you to draw on an blank page, with several different drawing effects to choose from such as shaded, ribbon, web, ect. Some of them make an almost spider web-like pattern, while others create a very sketchy, messy look. The variety of things you can do with Harmony are really quite endless. My first attempt at drawing with Harmony (below) was done using the chrome effect, which is probably my personal favorite.


Of course, Harmony also has it's downfalls. It's extremely hard to make it do what you want it to. In fact, it took me a very long time to get used to. The program also does not have an undo button, which is a bit of a bother. But with some patience and experimenting, you can create a masterpiece quite easily.

Overall, Harmony is a rare jewel amongst other artsy programs found on the internet. It has a wide variety of effects that Photoshop can't claim to have. It'll take some time to get used to, but the outcome is completely worth it. So, try it out and comment below with what you think of it, or even show me your first attempts as well.

-Holly

0 comments: